Following is an alphabetical listing of speakers who have confirmed their participation in EDNF's 2012 Learning Conference; however, schedules can change, so please check back for updates. We will post changes as they become available. Last updated: July 19, 2012.
- Patrick Agnew, DPM, Coastal Podiatry Group Foot and Ankle Issues in Collagen Vascular Disorders
- James H. Black III, MD, FACS, Vascular Surgery, Johns Hopkins Vascular Problems in EDS
- Canines for Disabled Kids
- Heidi A. Collins, MD, Memorial Medical Group in South Bend, Indiana Clinic only
- Susan Cordes, MS, CGC, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Poor Sleep and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Ralph Dehner, COTA/L Tai Chi for Joint Strength and Stabilization
- Atiq Durrani, MD, Center for Advanced Spine Technologies Neck/spine
- Clair Francomano, MD, Director of Adult Harvey Genetics program at Greater Baltimore Medical Center, associate professor Johns Hopkins Pain Management in Everyday Life
- Rodney Grahame, CBE, MD, FRCP, FACP, Consultant Rheumatologist University College Hospital and Honorary Professor at University College London in the Department of Medicine; Affiliate Professor of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Washington Hypermobility, Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Pain
- Mary Kay Irwin, EdD, (ABD), Cincinnati Children's Hospital School Integration / Re-entry, Plan for 504, IEP
- Ron Jaekle, MD, University of Cincinnati Pregnancy in EDS
- Keith Kenter, MD, University of Cincinnati Shoulder Instability in Patients with EDS
- Howard Levy, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine at the McCusick-Nathan F. Institute of Genetic Medicine, Clinical Director of Johns Hopkins Internal Medicine at Greenspring Station, MD It's Not in Your HeadOr Is It?
- Anne Lynch-Jordan, PhD, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Pain Management: More than Just a Pill
- Paula Melson, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Physical Therapy in Pediatric EDS
- Anna Mitchell, MD, PhD Research topicspregnancy survey results
- John Mitakides, DDS Diagnosis and Treatment of TMJ and Head/Neck Pain for the EDS Patient
- Mitzi L. Murray, MD, MA, University of Washington Medical Center Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Placing Recent Studies in Context
- Sabrina Neeley, PhD, MPH, Wright State Understanding the Relationship Between Self-Efficacy, Locus of Control, and Self-Management Behaviors in Adult Patients with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Linda Neumann-Potash, RN, MN, CBN, Nebraska Medical Center How to Communicate With Your Doctor & Build Your Medical Team
- Michelle O'Sullivan/Michele Pavlis Occupational Therapy Management of Hypermobility in EDS
- Shoshana R. Pehowic, Esq., O'Connor, Acciani & Levy Co., LPA Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Social Security Disability Benefits
- Alan Pocinki, MD, Internal Medicine, George Washington Hospital Sleep Disorders in Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Stephanie Powell, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Physical Therapy in Pediatric EDS
- Marnie Renda, OTR/L, CAPS, ECHM Destination Home Living at Home with EDS
- Opal Riddle, PR, DPT/Dawn Westfal, CPT Hypermobility: Getting Healthy,
Improving Function & Strength
- Shane Robinson, Executive Director, EDNF EDNF: Past, Present, and Future
- Elizabeth Russell, MD VEDS tendon utrasound project
- Shira Saperstein Kids & Teens program
- Crystal Seamon, PT, DPT, OCS, ATC Pilates: What Can It Offer the EDS Patient?
- Andrew Smith, MD Mast Cell Disorders
- Brad Tinkle, MD, PhD, Cincinnati Children's Hospital EDS Today and Tomorrow
- Kathleen Zonarich, PT Aquatic Exercise: Benefits and Principles for the EDS Population, Women: Understanding, Preventing, and Managing Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Discussion Groups Newly Diagnosed, Parents of Children with EDS, Spouses and Significant Others (Caregivers), Vascular EDS, Young Adults
In conjunction with EDNF's 2012 Learning Conference, two professional conferences will be held as part of our efforts to continue training physicians and other medical professionals: Primary Care Providers Conference on August 9, and Occupational & Physical Therapists Conference on August 11. Please note, the educational events at Cincinnati Children's Hospital for physicians and therapists are held in conjunction with the EDNF conference, but are separate events which require separate registration. A PDF brochure is available through this link.
Speaker biographies are available on the Speaker Biographies page. Session handouts will be available on the Program Handouts page.